Re: PostgreSQL User's Guide as A4 Postscript?

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Petter Reinholdtsen <pere(at)hungry(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres Documentation List <docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL User's Guide as A4 Postscript?
Date: 1999-06-07 15:53:05
Lists: pgsql-docs

> What about DocBook->LaTeX->PS?

There is a DocBook->TeX->PS path available (nothing for LaTeX however,
for reasons which are clear to the implementers). When I started, it
did not offer an acceptable solution, since it had problems handling
tables. There were other non-fatal problems too in sizing TeX to be
able to handle large documents.

Some of the worst tabular problems have been repaired, or are at least
not as bad as before, but my belief is that it does not quite match
the RTF->(fixup)->PS route.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California