Re: Commit Fest 2019-01 is now closed

From: Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commit Fest 2019-01 is now closed
Date: 2019-02-07 21:33:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 08/02/2019 00:53, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 06/02/2019 21:09, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> This has now been pushed and is available. I've set it up with stable,
>> 12 and 13 as possible versions for now, but I have not added any tags to
>> the existing patches (except for one, in order to test it).
> What is the meaning of this? If something is meant for 13, shouldn't it
> be moved to the next commit fest?
>
> I find the current display a bit hard to read. If we are going to use
> the white-on-color style, perhaps each version could have a different
> color. Or just make it plain black-on-white text.

If your eyesight is poor, then odd colour combinations like white on
grey, or other colours, is hard to read.

Ten years ago, before about 7 eye operations, poor contrast would be
extremely difficult, if not impossible, for me to read.

Remember also that about 1 in 12 men are colour blind.

Cheers,
Gavin