Solaris 7 Binary Distribution - HELP!

From: Frank Pfeiffer <taoifei(at)erols(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Solaris 7 Binary Distribution - HELP!
Date: 1999-05-25 02:27:58
Lists: pgsql-ports

I downloaded the binary image for Solaris & sparc platform.

from:
/pub/mirror/postgresql/bindist/PostgreSQL-6.4.2-Solaris_7_sparc.gz

Installation was successful, however:

initdb keeps asking for: libcurses.so.4 This file is not found on my
Sparc Solaris 7

What is this library for? I found libcurses.so.1 in /lib
Is this binary corrupt? What did I do wrong?
I can't go any further in the install, and I do not
have enough room nor a C compiler to rebuild
from the source. Please help!

Frank (pfeiffer(dot)fj(at)dreyfus(dot)com and
taoifei(at)erols(dot)com)