Using the Perl5 interface on another server

From: Dustin Engelhaupt <dustin(at)ikansas(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using the Perl5 interface on another server
Date: 1999-05-21 19:55:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have successfully installed PostgreSQL and the Perl5 interface on a
server that will be used strictly for the database. I would like to use
the Perl5 interface to access databases from our Web server which is on
a different machine. But when I run a program it does not find Pg.pm. Do
I need to install the interface on the machine running the Web server?
And if so, how do I get around it looking for $POSTGRES_HOME when
PostgreSQL is not installed on the machine running the Web server?

Thank you,
Dustin Engelhaupt
dustin(at)ikansas(dot)com