For data based web site, which RDBMS is better & why ?

From: ralli(at)poboxes(dot)com
To: Kevin Lo <jwlo(at)ms11(dot)hinet(dot)net>
Cc: Dinesh Patil <dpatel(at)Synopsys(dot)COM>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: For data based web site, which RDBMS is better & why ?
Date: 1999-05-19 18:38:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am new on this list.

I am in a process of Outsourcing for Development of a data based
web site for Real Estate.

Some database experts have informed me that PostgreSQL is the best.

My web developer says MySQL is ideal for my requirement,( may be he
doesn't know
PostgreSQL ).

Here is a mail that says that for some advance features limitations,
Dinesh wants to port PostgreSQL to NT.

Can some experts , users or gurus provide me some insight or
guide me to some pointers where impartial comparative analysis of
RDBMS has been done.

Thanks

Rakesh Ralli
http://welcome.to/ralli