Re: [GENERAL] Restore from dump file: parse error

From: darold <darold(at)neptune(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Restore from dump file: parse error
Date: 1999-05-10 07:37:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Well to quote that single quote, you have to quote that single quote :-)
ex : s_field='suivre l'actualite'
=> s_field='suivre l''actualite'

pg_dump -D mydatabase > recover.sql or other options will never solve
this pg_dump feature.

You can make a little program with perl to process your entire file by
search single quote not after an = and not before a , and space and ) and (.

Regards,

Gilles Darold