Re: [HACKERS] inet data type regression test fails

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] inet data type regression test fails
Date: 1999-05-09 15:24:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Can someone comment on this one? Is it fixed?
> > The inet regression test has been failed on my LinuxPPC.
> > My guess is shifting over 32bit against a 32bit integer is
> > not permitted and the result is platform depedent.

Yes, it is fixed. You applied the patches :)

backend/utils/adt/network.c:
revision 1.6
date: 1999/02/24 03:17:05; author: momjian; state: Exp; lines: +7
-2
Thank you for the advice. I concluded that current inet code has a
portability problem. Included patches should be applied to both
current and 6.4 tree. I have tested on LinuxPPC, FreeBSD and Solaris
2.6. Now the inet regression tests on these platforms are all happy.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California