I'm planning some changes in lmgr...

From: Vadim Mikheev <vadim(at)krs(dot)ru>
To: PostgreSQL Developers List <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: I'm planning some changes in lmgr...
Date: 1999-05-01 15:23:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

but have no time to do them today and tomorrow -:(.

1. Add int waitMask to LOCK to speedup checking in LockResolveConflicts:
if lock requested conflicts with lock requested by any waiter
(and we haven't any lock on this object) -> sleep

2. Add int holdLock (or use prio) to PROC to let other know
what locks we hold on object (described by PROC->waitLock)
while we're waiting for lock of PROC->token type on
this object.

I assume that holdLock & token will let us properly
and efficiently order waiters in LOCK->waitProcs queue
(if we don't hold any lock on object -> go after
all waiters with holdLock > 0, etc etc etc).

Comments?

Vadim