Re: [GENERAL] unknown symbol 'lo_unlink'

From: JP Rosevear <jpr(at)cr168790-a(dot)nmkt1(dot)on(dot)wave(dot)home(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] unknown symbol 'lo_unlink'
Date: 1999-04-27 13:29:19
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> Subject changed.
>
> > Hey folks, still looking for a little help on this. I can insert data
> > and (obviously create tables). Further, I've discovered PHP with pg
> > support yields an unknown symbol 'lo_unlink' when Apache tries to load
> > it. Any help/pointers would be really appreciated.
>
> What kind of version of apache/PHP/PostgreSQL are you using? Do you
> use DSO? What was the exact error message when you found lo_unlink was
> an unknown symbol? What kind of platform are you running?
>
> I myself have been using apache 1.3.6(DSO)/PHP 3.0.7/PostgreSQL 6.4.2
> or current on x86 Linux/LinuxPPC/mips Linux/FreeBSD for a while but
> have never seen problems you mentioned.

Thanks for your reply. I'm using apache 1.3.6 (DSO), PHP 3.0.6 and PG
6.4.2. I was able to successfully run apache/php/pg under LinuxPPC R4 and
haven't had any probs under i386 Linux distros, however I have tried the
YDL and R5 rpms (as well as compiling from tarballs) and run in to this
error every time on YDL. I think its related to the other problems but I'm

not sure. The error message is "Unknown symbol lo_unlink". It might be
helpful if you let me know the options you pass to the configure script,
then I could try with those options.

TIA
-JP