DBD:Pg for Windows (PostgreSQL+Perl)

From: Jaroslav Záruba <jaroslav(dot)zaruba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DBD:Pg for Windows (PostgreSQL+Perl)
Date: 2007-03-19 16:56:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello

I want to install Bugzilla on our intranet. I don't want to install MySQL
just because of a bug tracking system so I was quite pleased to read that
Bugzilla has declared full support for PostgreSQL. Yet I was unable to find
the module that would make PostgreSQL 8.x work with Perl (which is Bugzilla
based on) - neither in PostgreSQL installation nor on the web.
I believe share/contrib/ in PostgreSQL install directory would be nice place
to put the compiled module in.

Meanwhile, has anyone working (ActiveState) Perl with some recent version of
PostgreSQL on Windows, so you could send the Perl "DBD:Pg" module to me PLZ?
(I don't have any experience with Perl but I believe using PPM I would be
able to install the module if I had one. :o)

Have a nice day
J.Záruba