Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC (executing transactions coding style)

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
Cc: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC (executing transactions coding style)
Date: 1999-04-15 14:07:32
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> What I want to know : is there necessary to do a st.executeUpdate("ABORT
> TRANSACTION") in the catch instruction block ?
> I recall that someone says that an error inside a transaction block
> automatically aborts the transaction.
> Is it true ? It works here ?

Someone else probably has up to date information. I recall that if an
error happens within a BEGIN/END block, all other commands are
rejected until an END (or ABORT?) is executed. The assumption is that
if something fails within a transaction you want to rollback
everything else within that transaction, and the transaction isn't
over until you explicitly complete it.

- Tom

South Pasadena, California