Re: [INTERFACES] pg_get_view unknow ...

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: manu manu <bonnard_manu(at)yahoo(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] pg_get_view unknow ...
Date: 1999-04-15 08:26:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

manu manu wrote:

> I install pgaccess0.96 with Postgres 6.3.2 under Redat 5.1
> Every thing go rigth, but when I want to create a view, I have this
> message error:"Error: ERROR: functionpg_get_viewdef(unknownà) does not
> exist"
> Why ?
> How to make it well please ???

In 0.96 I used a function get_viewdef that exists only in 6.4.2 !
Everything else is working but that code that checks a previously
defined view still exists!

So you have 2 choices :

a. upgrade to 6.4.2 (the best)
b. change the PgAccess program and comments thos parts where viewdef is
needed (when creating a view, there is a check if there is already a
view defined. Comment that part. You will get a PostgreSQl error message
when trying to define a view with a name that already exists)

Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila