Re: Automatic Client Failover

From: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Automatic Client Failover
Date: 2008-08-04 21:17:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> When primary server fails, it would be good if the clients connected to
> the primary knew to reconnect to the standby servers automatically.

This would be a nice feature which many people I've talked to have
asked for. In Oracle-land, it's called Transparent Application
Failover (TAF) and it gives you a lot of options, including the
ability to write your own callbacks when a failover is detected.

+1

--
Jonah H. Harris, Senior DBA
myYearbook.com