Re: Questions

From: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Diogo Biazus" <diogob(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Questions
Date: 2006-06-02 18:17:36
Lists: pgsql-students

On 6/2/06, Diogo Biazus <diogob(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Tom Lane said that there's already code in the backend for
> converting wal files into text. He also noted that would be
> a good idea to keep only one codebase for this.

Yep, I was talking to Bruce Momjian about this as well. It would be
nice for not only your project, but also anyone else that wants to
read the xlog (like resetxlog in the -f case) if xlog were more
modularized. I don't know if this could be considered part of your
project or not, but I bet Tom would have some suggestions one way or
another on modularizing xlog.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1300
EnterpriseDB Corporation | fax: 732.331.1301