Re: Hierarchical Queries--Stalled No Longer...

From: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Anthony Molinaro <amolinaro(at)wgen(dot)net>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hierarchical Queries--Stalled No Longer...
Date: 2005-09-22 21:37:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Anthony,

I'm reviewing your book :). One of the reasons that I want to add this
support is because, in your recipies, it's obvious that PostgreSQL is
lacking in this area... likewise, we've had several EDB requests for
hierarchical queries (ala Oracle-style)... For the PostgreSQL community,
I'll work on adding the ANSI/ISO WITH standard syntax just as SQL Server/DB2
have.

-Jonah