Re: Saving result set of SELECT to table column

From: "Robins Tharakan" <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Patric <lists(at)p-dw(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Saving result set of SELECT to table column
Date: 2008-01-15 03:30:27
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi Patric,

This doesn't seem to be a question pertaining to the PERFORM queue.

If I understand you correctly, this should solve your problems, without the
need for any RULES / TRIGGERS.

CREATE TABLE y
(
y1 int4 NOT NULL,
y2 varchar,
CONSTRAINT a PRIMARY KEY (y1)
)

CREATE TABLE z
(
z1 int4 NOT NULL,
z2 varchar,
CONSTRAINT zz PRIMARY KEY (z1)
)

CREATE TABLE x
(
x1 int4 NOT NULL,
xy1 int4 NOT NULL,
xz1 int4 NOT NULL,
xy2 varchar,
xz2 varchar,
CONSTRAINT xa PRIMARY KEY (x1),
CONSTRAINT xy1 FOREIGN KEY (xy1)
REFERENCES y (y1) MATCH SIMPLE
ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION,
CONSTRAINT xz1 FOREIGN KEY (xz1)
REFERENCES z (z1) MATCH SIMPLE
ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION
)