info on people running postgre

From: Eric Enockson <eric(at)broken(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: info on people running postgre
Date: 1999-03-25 07:08:10
Lists: pgsql-general

hi,

I am going to be implementing an online database and
was considering oracle on an ultra, until i checked the price
and 2,000 dollars, no way. I have used mSQL and looked
at mySQL and now am aware of postgres and have heard that it
is the most robust and well used of the freeware databases.
Is this correct? Also i am wondering about it's realibility,
stability, scalability, etcetera? Can anyone point me in
the right direction for this info. Also is there a web page
or list of people running postgres, with their configurations,
connections and what not. I would like to know that their
are other people using postgres for commercial web sites.
The whole company will depend on the database and so i just
don't want to be the only person doing this. When i
implemented mSQL for this things weren't nearly as important
and performance and scalability weren't as essential.

Any help, comments, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Eric Enockson