ODBC string insert problem

From: Peter Andrews <pete(at)piedmontdata(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC string insert problem
Date: 1999-03-18 21:39:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am unable to insert the following string:

40'S?

into a varchar field through my ODBC driver. The statement:

insert into test values('40\'S?');

works perfectly using psql, but when I execute it through the ODBC
driver, I get the following error message:

parse error at or near ""

In fact, my ODBC driver seems to do this whenever I attempt to insert a
string with a question mark after a single quote. I am using PostgreSQL
6.4.2 and the Insight ODBC driver version 6.40.0004. If anyone has run
into this before, I would greatly apprciate your help.

Peter Andrews