Tables acting funny with pgaccess

From: Ben Gunter <bgunter(at)alef(dot)gcsu(dot)edu>
To: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Tables acting funny with pgaccess
Date: 1999-03-01 00:25:58
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm having a problem with pgaccess that's confounding me.

If I create a table with psql, I have no problems using pgaccess for
queries. However, if I create a table using pgaccess, things go awry.
Whenever I run a query (using psql or pgaccess) asking for specific
fields from a table created by pgaccess, I get an error similar to the
following:

> Error executing query

> declare mycursor cursor for select t0.lastname from "Present" t0

> PostgreSQL error message: ERROR: func_get_detail: No such attribute or function 'lastname'

> PostgreSQL status: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR

But if it's a table created by psql, it works. Also, if I run a "select
*" query, it has no problem either. It's only if I ask for a specific
field from a table created by pgaccess.

I'm using the visual query designer to create the queries. I'm running
an AMD K6-2 300, 128MB RAM, RedHat Linux 5.2 (without the old Postgres
rpm's), kernel 2.2.1, PostgreSQL 6.4.2, and I have encountered this
error with pgaccess 0.93 and 0.94. I have also seen the very same error
with pgaccess on a Sun Sparc 20 workstation running RedHat 5.2, kernel
2.0.35. This also happens when using pgaccess for Windows NT 4.0 to
access the database on the Sun.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ben