Re: [bug fix] ECPG app crashes due to SIGBUS on SPARC Solaris

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Michael Meskes" <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [bug fix] ECPG app crashes due to SIGBUS on SPARC Solaris
Date: 2013-12-27 23:04:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: "Michael Meskes" <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
> What happens to the regression test suite on your system? There are test
> cases
> that access a descriptor in a similar way I think.

OK, I'll run the ECPG regression test on Solaris without the patch. Please
wait until Jan 6 2014 or so, because we've just entered new year holidays
here in Japan.

> How did you decide which values to put in? I fail to see a reason for
> choosing
> exactly these values.

Yes, the value is arbitrary except it should be non-zero so that ECPGdo()
can execute the else block. And the lengths here are irrelevant to the
actual processing. I thought the original 0 was chosen arbitrarily and I
could do so too. If I can do better, please let me know that.

Regards
MauMau