v6.4.2 not working on AlphaLinux

From: edwardr(at)codonics(dot)com (Rich Edwards)
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: v6.4.2 not working on AlphaLinux
Date: 1999-02-18 19:22:02
Lists: pgsql-ports

Greetings --

I have been attempting to get PostgreSQL working on my AlphaLinux box,
with limited success. Here are the stats for my system:

- PostgreSQL: v6.4.2
- OS: RedHat v5.2 Linux v2.0.35 (glibc 2.0.7-19)
- Hardware: DEC Alpha 21164 (from Aspen Systems)

I was able to compile everything, and eventually init the database.
However, during 'initdb', and in subsequent regression tests, I kept
getting the following error:

FATAL: s_lock(5556c120) at spin.c:114, stuck spinlock. Aborting.

This appeared to be the cause for some of the regression test
failures, though not for all of them. Attached is a copy of my
regress.out file.

If you need further info, please feel free to contact me. We would
very much like to use this database in a new product we are developing
on this platform.

Thanks in advance,

Rich Edwards
Senior Software Engineer
Codonics, Inc.
e-mail: edwardr(at)codonics(dot)com
web: www.codonics.com
voice: 330.665.1210
fax: 330.665.1169
-- __o
_ \<,_ "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure
(_)/ (_) of a bike ride." - John F. Kennedy

Attachment Content-Type Size
regress.out text/plain 1.8 KB