Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC - MSysConf

From: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: kk(at)kdschmid(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC - MSysConf
Date: 1999-02-11 14:35:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Karsten Kaus wrote:

> ok, in general it seems to be possible to connect Access97 ( not Access
> 2.0! ?right? ) to postgres.

I recall someone doing this successfully. The key here is that it needs to
be running on Win95, Win98, or NT.

> It works on ONE of my Computers in the office (486). On that computer
> I cannot start the 32Bit-ODBC in the systemconfiguration, but I can
> create DSNs within Access97, and I get connected to any postgres-
> database I wish (tried only 2).
> On my Pentium in the office and on ALL machines at home I get the
> error 4307, that there is a Table called MSysConf on my server but
> it does not have the expected format.

You do not need this table on the server. The driver will report it as an
error in the log file, but it should not be a problem to the application.

Activate the CommLog in the driver settings and send a copy of the errant
session. Its located in C:\psqlodbc*.log.

> I searched for this table using grep and pg_dumpall as well as psql \dS
> and could not find anything. So I created one as described in the
> MSAccess-Help, but this didn't help. Still the fomat was invalid.
> I do not want to use this table anyway ( do I? ), so what to do?

I would drop the table unless you know what you are doing with MSysConf. At
least until you get on solid footing. It's improper configuration may
cause other problems.