Re: alloca (was: Postgres Speed or lack thereof)

From: Goran Thyni <goran(at)kirra(dot)net>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: alloca (was: Postgres Speed or lack thereof)
Date: 1999-01-26 23:35:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> Before this patch is applied, havae we determined wheteher or not its even
> a useful thing to pursue? I thought the general conscious was that, for
> us, it wasn't...

I would have to investigate further before making any final judgement.
But having the test in configure/config.h can't hurt should me or
someone
else find a worthwhile speedup using alloca, can it?

If you want something more substantial you have to wait,
I just posted the patch to make it available to other
eager investigators.

happy hacking,
--
Göran Thyni