PgAccess version 0.93 (for Unix and Windows) has been released!

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)prg, Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp
Subject: PgAccess version 0.93 (for Unix and Windows) has been released!
Date: 1998-12-10 18:58:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Hello all,

With the precious help of "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> (that I
would like to thank for his help) who has worked on libpgtcl in order to
run under Microsoft Windows, I have the pleasure to announce the
availability of PgAccess version 0.93 for both worlds, Unix and Windows.
It is supposed to work also under Microsoft Windows NT, I didn't have
one around here to check it but I expect that it would run fine.

I have tested this version with Tcl/Tk 8.0.4 for Windows 95 & NT,
available from :
ftp://ftp.scriptics.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_0/tcl804.exe

It works fine, the same speed as on my Linux box. The most important
changes in 0.93 were made in order to preserve the same look & feel on
both platforms.

Also, 0.93 has the ability to define owner's preferences for widget
fonts, solving some problems with national languages and different
screen resolutions.

The default font for "fixed" on Windows platform has been chosen
"Terminal 8" but I would like more the font used for MS-Dos shell
windows style bitmap "5 x 12". I don't know how to declare that font to
Tcl so maybe someone with more skills in windows who will find the
proper name, please send me a note.

The pgaccess-0.93.tar.gz has now 111 Kbytes and includes the current
libpgtcl.dll and libpq.dll needed for run PgAccess under Windows. In
README file there is some information how to use them.

The package is available, as usual, from :
http://www.flex.ro/pgaccess
or
ftp://ftp.flex.ro/pgaccess/pub/pgaccess/pgaccess-0.93.tar.gz

For PostgreSQL developers : Please include this version in the current
development tree for PostgreSQL 6.4.1

Happy PostgreSQL-ing to all !

--
Constantin Teodorescu