Re: [HACKERS] Date/time on glibc2 linux

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: phd(at)sun(dot)med(dot)ru, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Date/time on glibc2 linux
Date: 1998-12-10 16:41:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Yes, the autoconf test just checks for a global variable "timezone"
> declared in <time.h>. It'd probably be better to reverse the test to
> check for the timezone fields in a struct tm. I don't much care for
> the name of the configuration symbol either ... maybe change it to
> HAVE_STRUCT_TM_TZ_FIELDS ?

Could we have a longer name please? :)

That would be fine. How about if we continue to test for the other too
and then the code can choose which one to enable. I can flip around the
source blocks to get the right sense. I think this may help the Alpha
port also, since I vaguely recall that Dec/Compaq (*sigh*) ran afoul of
our tests too. And although the BSD-style TZ-in-tm seemed to be old
fashioned, with reentrant/threaded code it is the wave of the future so
could/should be the first choice for the code to consider.

- Tom