Re: Include result of function call within WHERE clause in results

From: Dallas Morisette <p28flyer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Include result of function call within WHERE clause in results
Date: 2009-05-17 14:12:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Bastiaan -

Both the WHERE and HAVING clauses filter the result set, but the
HAVING clause is, I believe, for cases where you wish to filter on
aggregate results, like sum or count, while the WHERE clause is for
non-aggregated results. I'm not using an aggregating function, so I
believe I need a solution that uses a WHERE clause.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Dallas