Re: [HACKERS] Bug in 6.4 release - thanks for for fixing it!

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)trust(dot)ee>
To: Vadim Mikheev <vadim(at)krs(dot)ru>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Bug in 6.4 release - thanks for for fixing it!
Date: 1998-11-22 19:53:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Vadim Mikheev wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > This new patch uses scankeys instead of throwing the indexqual to the
> > executor. This is probably more efficient, but I am not sure about the
> > other ramifications. It still fails.
>
> This wouldn't handle functional indices in OR...
>
> So, I added indexqualorig list to the IndexScan node:
>
> indexqual = fix_indxqual_references (indexqualorig)
>
> - indxqualorig' Var-s references heap tuple...
>
> Regression tests are ok.

Great job! Many thanks.

And you helped me to prove to my collegues that usually bugs in
OpenSource
software are fixed no later than the next weekend ;)

> Patch made for CURRENT tree - let me know if there will
> be problems with 6.4...

I did'nt run regress but the patches did apply cleanly on 6.4.0 and
also all my apps run fine, even the one that did have the OR problems
after upgrading 6.3.2 -> 6.4.

And of course they run faster ;)

Thank you once more !

Hannu Krosing