Re: [INTERFACES] Re: OBBC for MS Access97

From: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Cc: Diego Bariquet <diego(at)durian(dot)usc(dot)edu(dot)ph>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: OBBC for MS Access97
Date: 1998-11-20 21:23:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Diego Bariquet wrote:
>
> > Dear Mr. Webmaster,
> >
> > I have change my Microsoft NT server to a Linux running on
> > Slackware 3.5 last week and will set up another server on Red Hat 5.1
> > early next month.
>
> > I have a front end application written on Microsoft Access 97 and
> > plan to used PostgreSQL as my back end database server. I am wondering
> > if you have the ODBC so that I could transfer my back end to
> > PostgreSQL.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm fully understanding your question, but there is an
> ODBC driver that does come with the standard distribution of PostgreSQL,
> in the src/interfaces/odbc director

We do lot things using MS Access and PostgreSQL in the backend. Mostly queries
and such. We have also done some forms prototyping with relative ease. I
cannot guarantee that your conversion will be trouble free. You may have to get
your hands dirty.

I strongly recommend that you get the latest version of the driver from our web
site at: http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc You will also want to get the
latest version (6.4) of the server.