PRoblem With Postgres

From: Hitesh Kumar Gulati <hkg(at)plasma(dot)ernet(dot)in>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PRoblem With Postgres
Date: 1998-11-19 22:21:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Please tell me ,
1. Actually I have to store 2048 to 27584 short integers
into the one field of each record. The number of data is not fixed.
Presently I am storing them in a file and then importing that file into
the database and at the time of retrieval I am exporting that file from
database.
The page size of postgres is 8K Bytes. So it is not better according
to the memory consumption.
The second option is array but the record or tuple size
in postgres is limited to 8K. It is not sufficient to store 27584 data
of type short integers. So please tell me how can I store this much
number of data in a single record.
What are other suitable types for me. Please tell me.

2.Can we change page size of database.
--
Hitesh kumar Gulati
E-mail-:hkg(at)plasma(dot)ernet(dot)in