Re: Corruption of files in PostgreSQL

From: "Purusothaman A" <purusothaman(dot)a(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Paolo Bizzarri" <pibizza(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Corruption of files in PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-06-02 06:20:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom Lane,

In my case, we upload/download files to/from postgresql.
And we don't change the content of the file after once loaded to postgresql.

But as days going, more files stored to postgresql and never change file
content after that.
But download many times the stored files as per need.

What I am guessing from my situation is, postgresql is crossing boundaries
of the file objects while accessing file objects. Because we simply use 2
api, lo_export() and lo_import(), for storing files and retriving the stored
files, and never attempt to alter its contents.

And I am never able find any pattern to corrupt the file objects.

Regards,
Purusothaman A