PL/pgSQL definition

From: "Jose' Soares" <jose(at)sferacarta(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PL/pgSQL definition
Date: 1998-11-10 10:12:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

--postgresql-v6.4/src/pl/plpgsql/src/INSTALL says:
If you declare the language in the template1 database,
any subsequently created database will have PL/pgSQL
support installed automatically.

--I declared PL/pgSQL in the template1 database but I have an ERROR
message when I try to
--use PL/pgSQL language in another database.

create function nvl(integer) returns integer as
'declare
nonullo alias for $1;
begin
if nonullo then
return nonullo;
else
return 0;
end if;
end;
' language 'plpgsql';
ERROR: Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION:
'plpgsql'. Recogn
ized languages are sql, C, internal and the created procedural
languages.

--Seems that I must to declare PL/pgSQL in every database.
--Any ideas?

--Please relply to sferac(at)bo(dot)nettuno(dot)it

--Jose-