Bugs on opening views defined with spaces or upon table names with spaces !!!

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Bugs on opening views defined with spaces or upon table names with spaces !!!
Date: 1998-11-07 20:20:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The bug is simple to reproduce :

showroom=> create view "unu doi" as select * from departamente;
CREATE
showroom=> select * from "unu doi";
ERROR: nodeRead: Bad type 0

the same error for : create view single_name as select * from "double
name";

Also : dropping the bad view is not possible :

showroom=> drop view "unu doi";
ERROR: nodeRead: Bad type 0

I am coming again with the description of the same type bug concerning
spaces in object names :

showroom=> create sequence student_id;
CREATE
showroom=> create table students (id int4 default
nextval('student_id'),name text);
CREATE
showroom=> drop table students;
DROP
showroom=> create table "my students" (id int4 default
nextval('student_id'), name text);
ERROR: my: Table does not exist.

Any patches for them ?

All the best,