Re: [HACKERS] New INET and CIDR types

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, paul(at)vix(dot)com
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] New INET and CIDR types
Date: 1998-10-28 15:19:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> What kind of things are you looking for? I thought I had most
> possibilities covered in the tests I sent.

The original test loaded a table and displayed the results. I'd like to
see some queries which exercise the operators associated with the types.
In this case, that may just be comparison operators, but if you have
math operators we should exercise those too. And any other conversion
operations, such as converting back and forth from int4, if that is
allowed.

So, things like (don't know if this exact example is sensible):

select '' as count, c as cidr from inet_tbl
where c < '128.149.50' and c > '128.149';

would be interesting.

- Tom