Re: [HACKERS] configure and cpp detection

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andreas Zeugswetter <andreas(dot)zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] configure and cpp detection
Date: 1998-10-27 23:03:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I don't think that what I changed could have broken this --- I just
> changed the test that decides whether configure will use "$CPP -" or
> plain "$CPP" for cpp-from-stdin. $CPP is still getting set by the
> same old AC_PROG_CPP macro. Could this have been broken before
> Sunday? How long ago did you last run a configure and build?

It isn't your fault, Tom. *I* helped with the breakage by changing the
Makefiles to actually use the results of an existing test in configure.
Before, several makefiles had references to cpp hardcoded in, and afaik
nowhere were the configure results used. That broke when I tried
installing egcs on my development system, which seemed to be missing an
explicit cpp.

That was maybe a month ago.

- Thomas