Re: [HACKERS] How do we find serial types

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] How do we find serial types
Date: 1998-10-26 14:55:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I guess it's too late for 6.4 so hopefully there is already a way to
> find out whether a field was declared as a serial type. Am I stuck
> using some sort of index name hack?

Probably. I did the serial type implementation as a hash of hooks I
already had in the backend (and at the behest of others, so don't blame
me too much :). It isn't integrated as well as it could/should be, and
we should clean this up for v6.5.

It actually might be related to what we will need to do for primary and
foreign keys, so might get fixed with that stuff. Jan has indicated an
interest in pursuing some of this through the rules system.

- Tom