Re: [HACKERS] Last call?

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Last call?
Date: 1998-10-25 22:53:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I think you messed up a change I had made: the version of install.sgml
> I committed yesterday had the steps:
> initdb
> check permissions
> start postmaster
> run regression test
> <substeps>
> arrange for postmaster autostart
> You seem to have undone that in a way that's broken...

OK, I know I messed it up. I was confused the whole way, and *it's
because you have the same *(&^% username as I've had for 20 years* :)

I had seen that you had committed changes, and then I'd had cvs merging
difficulties because I was also making changes to that file. But then
when trying to resolve the patches I chose the wrong block of changes in
at least one case, and got confused when seeing that "tgl" had made the
changes.

Anyway, will go through it again.

Your tags were just fine afaik. I have since gone through and put lots
more markup in because it was never done the first time when I copied
INSTALL to become install.sgml.

- Tom^H^H^HThomas