Re: Row pattern recognition

From: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: vik(at)postgresfriends(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Row pattern recognition
Date: 2023-09-22 11:28:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Op 9/22/23 om 12:12 schreef Tatsuo Ishii:
>>> Attached is the v7 patch. It includes the fix mentioned above. Also
>> (Champion's address bounced; removed)
>
> On my side his adress bounced too:-<
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In my hands, make check fails on the rpr test; see attached .diff
>> file.
>> In these two statements:
>> -- using NEXT
>> -- using AFTER MATCH SKIP TO NEXT ROW
>> result of first_value(price) and next_value(price) are empty.
>
> Strange. I have checked out fresh master branch and applied the v7
> patches, then ran make check. All tests including the rpr test
> passed. This is Ubuntu 20.04.

The curious thing is that the server otherwise builds ok, and if I
explicitly run on that server 'CREATE TEMP TABLE stock' + the 20 INSERTS
(just to make sure to have known data), those two statements now both
return the correct result.

So maybe the testing/timing is wonky (not necessarily the server).

Erik