Re: [HACKERS] Dumping of views -- done!

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Postgres Documentation List <docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Dumping of views -- done!
Date: 1998-10-08 07:26:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I actually have a hardcover SGML book, called "Readme.1st: SGML for
> Writers and Editors".

Without having seen the book, I will make the comment that the SGML
books I've run into (not very many, but that won't stop me from
generalizing :) tend to tell you what you could do with SGML, rather
than telling you how to do something with the particular implementation
we are using (DocBook).

The fellow who wrote and maintains the "Modular Style Sheets", Norm
Walsh, is in the middle of writing a book (Nutshell? can't remember) on
DocBook, and presumably his style sheets.

The most useful single information source I've found so far, other than
stealing markup from other parts of the documentation, is the DocBook
element dictionary at the O'Reilly site:

http://www.ora.com/homepages/dtdparse/docbook/3.0/

I hope this is mentioned in our docguide...

- Tom