Re: [INTERFACES] re : libpq++ - getting it to work

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: KaDe <kade(at)carolo(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] re : libpq++ - getting it to work
Date: 1998-10-07 02:42:24
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> >Does anyone have a BEGINNER's guide to installing the interface and
> >basic usage??
> >Thank you in advance!
> ... I'd like to help and be helped since
> documentation for libpq++ is either well hidden, either simply not
> included. (I think I've heard about man pages, but I was unable to
> find these; all I've found is some sample progs and a makefile that
> won't work ...)
> Is it "normal" ? Is it because of the Debian distrib & packages ?

You might want to take the time to grab the full Postgres source
distribution from postgresql.org, and unpack it. The doc/ directory has
substantial html and postscript docs, and the src/man directory has some
man pages. *or*...

The html and ps docs are also available on the postgresql.org ftp site
as tar files, probably in the patch directory (rummage around one level
deep from /pub and you'll find something; I just don't remember what I
called them).

libpq++ does not suffer from an overabundance of docs, but contributions
are welcome. New info will help the next person who comes along trying
to do the same thing...

Good luck.

- Tom