Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Just some unfinished stuff.

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Gerald Gryschuk <gerald(dot)gryschuk(at)home(dot)com>
Cc: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Just some unfinished stuff.
Date: 1998-10-05 06:05:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> > OK, I've gotten your e-mails, and so now I understand where we are
> > starting from (maybe :). v6.3 had some brain-damage on the automatic
> > platform detection (or didn't try at all).
> I tried this new configure.in and it works the way I expected.

OK, I went back and re-read your e-mails. I'd missed the details of the
one which described the changes I should put in to the main configure.in
and Makefile.global.in files. So I put those in, and...

Things seem to configure nicely, except that it is still trying to put
the odbc.h file into /usr/local/include rather than my actual Postgres
directory area /opt/postgres/current/include.

I'm not familiar with autoconf, so if you have any ideas let me know.
The alternative is for us to commit this to the cvs tree and let others
have a chance to look at it and make the corrections.

I hate sitting on these patches for any longer. Let me know if you think
I _shouldn't_ commit them to cvs as an "almost ready to go" set of code.
I'll go through and change WINDOWS to WIN32 beforehand.

Comments?

- Tom