Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Just some unfinished stuff.

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Gerald Gryschuk <gerald(dot)gryschuk(at)home(dot)com>
Cc: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Just some unfinished stuff.
Date: 1998-10-04 23:06:40
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> I tried this new configure.in and it works the way I expected. The
> PSQLODBC setting in Makefile.global gets set to /usr/local/pgsql. I
> didn't try to make install but I see no reason this shouldn't
> work by putting the files where I expect them(i.e. headers should go
> to /usr/local/pgsql/include/iodbc).

I'll try again and let you know...

> By the way, something's up with the html docs you sent. Netscape
> version 4.05 refuses to display them. What's the magic command
> to regenerate them from the sgml source?

No way. They must have gotten munged in the mailing since I'm using the
same browser and it works fine. In fact my reader displayed them in the
mail message itself, and allowed me to save them to a file.

The "magic command" involves reading the v6.3 (or newer) guide to the
docs which has a couple of procedures for installing jade, style sheets,
and support code. It isn't always trivial, though the rpm packaging if
you're running on Linux makes it pretty easy.

I'll send a tar file for you if you still need to see the current
results.

- Tom