Re: SQLException and error code

From: Peter(dot)Zoche(at)materna(dot)de
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQLException and error code
Date: 2005-07-29 06:53:42
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I only have been confused by the naming of the following page:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/errcodes-appendix.html

Its called "Appendix A. PostgreSQL Error Codes", so getErrorCode()
seems to be the best method! But confusion is cleared now.

Peter

Kevin Grittner wrote:
> To better support existing applications which (for reasons I don't
> really understand) rely on the vendor-specific errorCode instead of the
> ANSI-standard sqlState, you could implement getErrorCode as:
>
> return Integer.parseInt(getSqlState(), 36);

Ow! It seems a bit pointless though, honestly..

Going to wait for a reply from the original poster, I still don't
understand what Peter wants getErrorCode() to return..

-O