Re: Proposed HTML Documentation Styles

From: Liudmila Mantrova <l(dot)mantrova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Sarah Schnurr <xenophenes42(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Proposed HTML Documentation Styles
Date: 2018-10-22 16:14:36
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 10/16/18 5:44 PM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 10/4/18 11:50 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As part of the effort to modernize the look and feel of PostgreSQL.org
>> and associated web projects, Sarah & I have worked on applying the new
>> styles to the documentation. The main goals of the project were:
>>
>> - To have the documentation styles match that of the main website
>> - To make the documentation easier to view on mobile devices
>> - To set up the web-based documentation for future usability changes and
>> improvements
> Thank you everyone for your feedback. We launched the new documentation
> styles this morning. Please let us know if you find any issues or have
> any additional feedback.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for modernizing doc styles!

I have noticed a small rendering issue in the Chrome browser. If you
follow a link to a bookmark in a different page, it's hidden below the
website header. Links within the same page and section-level links
appear to work fine.

The attached screenshot illustrates the result of navigating to the
default_statistics_targetdescription from the
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/planner-stats.html page.

I have not tested this thoroughly, but I got the same result on my
smartphone in Safari, while having no issues at all in Firefox on Ubuntu.

--
Liudmila Mantrova
Technical writer at Postgres Professional: http://www.postgrespro.com

Attachment Content-Type Size