C++ / pgsql Interface

From: "R(dot)Stevens" <raimee(at)ij(dot)net>
To: PGSQL - GENERAL <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: C++ / pgsql Interface
Date: 1998-09-01 22:05:26
Lists: pgsql-general

I have recently discovered the C++ interface and want to make use of it.

I have using postgres for development for the past 6 months or so. I am
an inexperienced c++ programmer. To matters worse, I am
a COBOL programmer. But that is beside the point.

My RedHat machine runs an Apache WebServer with PHP compiled in as a
module. Currently, I use the PHP script to handle my Front End
connection to Postgres.
Not that this makes a difference one way or another to postgres, but
anyway there you have it.

Now, when I originally built postgres, I did not set any options for
using the PGLIB++ interface. This brings me to my questions:

1) Can I safely dump my datqabase and recreate it after recompiling
postgres?

2) What --with options will I need at compoile time to enable the C++
Interface? (--with-libs+DIRS, --with-includes=DIRS)

Your help is GREATLY appreciated!

- Raimee