AIX Port Strangness

From: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: AIX Port Strangness
Date: 1998-08-31 21:24:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The following is a scenario I ran on my AIX box using the Sunday night
snapshot. Notice that, after creating an index on foo, relname can not
be selected without a wildcard "%" on both ends of foo. Equal "=" does
not work either. It is as if a hidden character is sitting in front of
"foo". This problem only occurs after creatind an index. Needless to
say, this situation has rendered the database unusable. Any ideas?

Bruce, I thought I saw a blurb about the NAMELEN changing to 31 plus
'\0'. Is there any thing going on there.

CREATE TABLE foo (
bar int
);
CREATE

select oid, * from pg_class where relname like '%foo%';

oid|relname|reltype|relowner|relam|relpages|reltuples|relhasindex|relisshared|relkind|relnatts|relchecks|reltriggers|relhasrules|r

elacl
-----+-------+-------+--------+-----+--------+---------+-----------+-----------+-------+--------+---------+-----------+-----------+------

19040|foo | 0| 6095| 0| 0| 0|f
|f |r | 1| 0| 0|f |

(1 row)

CREATE INDEX foo_idx ON foo USING btree(bar);
CREATE

select oid, * from pg_class where relname like '%foo%';

oid|relname|reltype|relowner|relam|relpages|reltuples|relhasindex|relisshared|relkind|relnatts|relchecks|reltriggers|relhasrules|relacl

-----+-------+-------+--------+-----+--------+---------+-----------+-----------+-------+--------+---------+-----------+-----------+------

19040|foo | 0| 6095| 0| 0| 0|t
|f |r | 1| 0| 0|f |
19049|foo_idx| 0| 6095| 403| 2| 2048|f
|f |i | 1| 0| 0|f |

(2 rows)

select oid, * from pg_class where relname like 'foo%';
oid|relname|reltype|relowner|relam|relpages|reltuples|relhasindex|relisshared|relkind|relnatts|relchecks|reltriggers|relhasrules|relacl

---+-------+-------+--------+-----+--------+---------+-----------+-----------+-------+--------+---------+-----------+-----------+------

(0 rows)

\d

Database = daveh