Re: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] vacuum problem

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] vacuum problem
Date: 1998-08-29 21:44:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> ODBC. I didn't realize you were in that area.

I wasn't :) The next version of ApplixWare on Linux is likely to have an
ODBC interface, and I got a beta copy. Took a bit of work to figure out
how it all was supposed to work (and _lots_ of help from the authors) to
get it running natively on Linux. Will be in the v6.4 release...

> Docs?

Jose', Oliver, and myself will (likely) have a full set of reference
pages for SQL commands in the next release. Still a good bit of
transcription work remains to get fully into sgml from Jose's original
flat files.

> No problem reports for several days.

OK. Let me get the ODBC stuff in sync first, though if we are trying for
a Sept. 1 beta I can put that aside for now.

Byron, how should we try re-integrating the ODBC code? I have made no
changes which will affect the WIN32 port (unless there is small bad
behavior with truncating the DSN file name if it has trailing blanks as
was the case with ApplixWare).

I did change the location of odbcinst.ini if under Unix and if
-DODBCINST=$(POSTGRESDIR)
(for example) is defined at compile-time, as it is for my new Makefile.
That way the installation-wide parameters are in a location available to
the installer. No change if the value is not defined; things would still
look in /etc/odbcinst.ini as before.

- Tom