Re: [HACKERS] Core dump in regression tests.

From: Keith Parks <emkxp01(at)mtcc(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: szybist(at)boxhill(dot)com
Cc: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Core dump in regression tests.
Date: 1998-08-29 21:19:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas A. Szybist <szybist(at)boxhill(dot)com>

> Hi, yes, I'm having trouble as well.

Sorry to hear that but I don't feel quite so alone now ;-)

> I'm crashing anytime I create a table, (-O2). I just tried the 8/29 snapshot.
> I've got an environment set up now to try a few things.

Same thing here with -O2, I think some of the other pg_user, pg_view etc.
problems all boil down to table creation as those are created as
tables after bootstrapping and subsequently converted to views.

> Without -O2 it seem to be better. I see the same problem with
> create function as you. Also many failures seem to the result
> of some type not defined. Is that expected?

Yes, there are many problems in the regression tests due to some
type removal, I think, by Bruce. We're just waiting for the
regression test "expected" results to catch up.

> Sorry to jump in so late here.

Better late than never <grin>

Just out of interest, what platform are you running on?
(S/Linux on an SUN IPX here)

Keith.