Re: [INTERFACES] PgSQL released

From: Goran Thyni <goran(at)bildbasen(dot)se>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] PgSQL released
Date: 1998-08-29 20:22:58
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have Edmund's Pg.pm and DBD::Pg to access a PostgreSQL database.
> What's the benefits of using PgSQL ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Oleg
> On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> > How about a short description of what it is?

Oleg and Marc,

the PgSQL in question is a perl-modul for accessing postgresql 6.4
databases.
The diffences from Edmund's modules is that this one is "pure perl"
(no C code, no compiler needed). In most cases you would use DBI/DBD::Pg
but a "pure perl" module has it's uses (Edmund agreed).
We discussed these issues on this list, check the archives :-).

best regards,
Göran.