Re: [INTERFACES] postgresql for sparc 2.5.1?

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: John Sharp <JSharp(at)cfipro(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] postgresql for sparc 2.5.1?
Date: 1998-08-25 03:11:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> I have tried to use pgsql-0.08 written by Sergey E. Levov. I
> eventually got it to compile, but cannot get iODBC to load it. I keep
> getting the error message that it is shared or relocatable. However,
> a similiar "ld" command was able to create a useable odbc driver for
> mysql.
> Has anyone had success getting this pgodbc client to work on a sun
> sparc 2.5.1? Is there another pgodbc client out there that will work?
> I had seen many references to pgodbc clients running on Linux.

I stayed away from pgsql since it claims to be alpha software, does not
attribute any other authors, and has no docs.

I've spent several days getting psqlodbc (from the Postgres distribution
or insightdist.com) running on my Linux box, and it turns out that
(probably) all of the problems can be traced to linker options. You need
options which will make a shared library with symbols forced to be
resolved within the library. Not sure what those flags would be for
Solaris.

- Tom