Re: [HACKERS] 6.4 Aggregate Bug

From: David Hartwig <daybee(at)bellatlantic(dot)net>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 6.4 Aggregate Bug
Date: 1998-08-03 00:15:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> > I'll go ahead and commit the code tonight or tomorrow...
>
> OK, I committed the patches. They fix the
>
> SELECT NULL ORDER BY 1
>
> query problem, but do assign types for cases where they aren't assigned
> in the transformSortClause() procedure so may touch what David is
> doing??

Well if you meant that maybe it would fix the aggragate bug...no such luck. :( I will go ahead and submit my patch
soon. I would like to get it out for review and use. (Right now, I am busy updating my system to its knees)

BTW, The bug has nothing to do with my patch. Except it does steal some of its thunder, by rendering a significant
portion of the newly available queries unusable.